[DeTomaso] Did Ford make a 400 for the Pantera?

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 07:56:26 EDT 2018

FWIW:And I believe I own a FMX with 400/429/460 bolt pattern OEM bell housing. It was bolted to a FMX in ( IIRC ) a '79 Mercury station wagon. I got them both from a friend, but never saw vehicle they came from. I read somewhere that the Cleveland pattern 400 was used in Ford taxi cabs with the FMX. Since a FMX has a removable bell housing it seems strange that they would cast a different block rather than a different bell housing.

Bud #3400 ( Drive it like there is no tomorrow -- for there may not be ! )