[DeTomaso] New Tires

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sat Apr 14 10:36:24 EDT 2018

Dear John,

               My experience follows.

               Pantera One goes to the track from time to time.  It was running a nice sticky set of Kuhmo Excstas.  255-50-17 in the front and 315-35-17 in the rear.  I wore out the rears.   No more Kuhmos Excstas in the my size.   I did buy a Sumitomo HTZ, IIRC.

                 I found that the combination of a sticky track type tire in the front combined with a more conventional street tire in the rear, made the previously "stuck" handling decline with a sensation of the rear being looser than before just with driving con brio.   I have raised the rear tire pressures in an attempt to stiffen up the rear sidewalls.   It is better, but it does not duplicate the characteristics of the matching rear 315 Kuhmos.    It is a compromise in this era of tire famine for Pantera owners.

                            Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles