[DeTomaso] Rear Deck lid Pins-Help

Panteratime panteratime at aol.com
Tue Apr 3 14:52:45 EDT 2018

Folks,
1972 L with original "fat" rear deck lid struts.   Car has that huge after market wing on deck lid  (ugh)   Not concerned with deck lid not staying open as I installed a "prop" rod.  What I am concerned with is the side to side "movement" in the deck lid which is chipping the paint on the rear corners of the car!!   I recall someone mentioning they installed "pins" that align the deck lid by the pins dropping down into holes drilled in rear of car.
What are recommended solutions to this age old problem?

Thank you in advance for your always ingenious feedback!!
Cliff Z-NY