[DeTomaso] Engine gaskets

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 14:09:19 EDT 2017

Hi all

For several years now, my Pantera has gone "marking its territory" by
leaving engine oil where it goes. It doesn't leak a LOT, but it does leak.
Roland Jaeckel thinks it is coming from the rear main seal, but the only
real way to be sure is to pull the engine and open things up.

If I'm going to pull the engine, I'm thinking of replacing all the gaskets
except the head gasket and valve cover gaskets (those are relatively new and
get checked regularly). The gaskets were installed in 2000, and I've done
quite a few miles since then. Is a gasket a gasket, or are there
manufacturers to avoid? I'd like to do this only once.

Something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Engine-Overhaul-Gasket-1970-1982-Ford/dp/B01N0HDAB5/r
ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8
<https://www.amazon.com/Engine-Overhaul-Gasket-1970-1982-Ford/dp/B01N0HDAB5/
ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506794131&sr=8-1&keywords=engine+gasket+351C>
&qid=1506794131&sr=8-1&keywords=engine+gasket+351C

Has some things I won't need. any other suggestions?

Thanks all