[DeTomaso] Jerry Brown wants to ban gasoline powered vehicles

Himes, Terry (397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 27 18:58:22 EDT 2017

Also Agreed.  And the OS wars are on!  There are huge $$s at stake.  Apple, Google, Samsung, Testla, NVIDIA, etcetc.
Whoever owns the operating system, controls the entire vehicular ecosystem.

A staggering array of sensors, actuators, sophisticated algorithms and powerful processors.  All for navigation and
Guidance. Add in all the subsystems, and the car of the future will probably be pushing 4 TB of data around every day.

The future of the vehicle OS will probably NOT be a Linux derivative anymore. Which, for security, might be a good thing.

This is a FUN topic, but I’ve got to get back to flying my spaceship.  ;-))

Terry

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Dawn Spacecraft Team