[DeTomaso] Two things: Rotary compressor mount, and 5/8" hose filter?

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Tue Sep 26 12:07:27 EDT 2017

The "large chunky things" comment reminds me of what you get when
somebody loads up on Stop-Leak or similar crap. When you do get it
cleaned up it would be a good idea to monitor the oil condition closely
in case they were combating coolant leakage into the crankcase.
Took me forever to get through one of those messes.
Dave

On 25/09/2017 8:45 PM, Steve Liebenow wrote:
>     Hey!  I'm back!
>     Working on 74 now, taking care of niggly things......and have some
>     questions...hopefully simple.
>     1) are the rotary AC pump adapter brackets the same as the ones you
>     would get for a Mustang/Ford conversion???  I have a spare
>     bracket....no pump at the moment.     Pantera East had an
>     aluminum....but not sure if Pat is still selling them.
>     2) I spent dinosaurs share (big dino...) of yesterday flushing out my
>     under car tubes and heater core of smegma and large chunky
>     things......    I know there is a serviceable see thru cone style
>     filter for the 1-3/8" hoses to the radiator, but is there a similar
>     device for 5/8" heater hose????
>     I think my engine is packed full of potential little problems related
>     to plugging up passageways....and until I can pull motor and give it
>     the full "unpack the water passages treatment"  I want to prevent a)
>     plugging up the radiator, and b) plugging up the heater core.    B
>     already happened.....and was a bugger to remedy, but A) is
>     suspect.......15Kish on a new radiator......  One of my next tasks it
>     to pull it and flush it.....as trying to do it in car with position of
>     tanks is likely to do jack bananas.....nada.
>     Thanks a heap!
>     Steve

   The "large chunky things" comment reminds me of what you get when
   somebody loads up on Stop-Leak or similar crap. When you do get it
   cleaned up it would be a good idea to monitor the oil condition closely
   in case they were combating coolant leakage into the crankcase.
   Took me forever to get through one of those messes.
   Dave

   Working on 74 now, taking care of niggly things......and have some
   questions...hopefully simple.
   1) are the rotary AC pump adapter brackets the same as the ones you
   would get for a Mustang/Ford conversion???  I have a spare
   bracket....no pump at the moment.     Pantera East had an
   aluminum....but not sure if Pat is still selling them.
   2) I spent dinosaurs share (big dino...) of yesterday flushing out my
   under car tubes and heater core of smegma and large chunky
   things......    I know there is a serviceable see thru cone style
   filter for the 1-3/8" hoses to the radiator, but is there a similar
   device for 5/8" heater hose????
   I think my engine is packed full of potential little problems related
   to plugging up passageways....and until I can pull motor and give it
   the full "unpack the water passages treatment"  I want to prevent a)
   plugging up the radiator, and b) plugging up the heater core.    B
   already happened.....and was a bugger to remedy, but A) is
   suspect.......15Kish on a new radiator......  One of my next tasks it
   to pull it and flush it.....as trying to do it in car with position of
   tanks is likely to do jack bananas.....nada.
   Thanks a heap!
   Steve

nks above.

Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message p
osted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant
the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of lis
t messages.