[DeTomaso] Engine install suggestions - tools

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Fri Sep 22 21:54:26 EDT 2017

Dear Lynn,

                Please see the attachments.   I was shown this gizmo by a
fellow in the Arizona Pantera club *years* ago and I cannot recall his name.
It is not my invention.  I used the chains and leveler method twice and
found it awkward.   After I saw his solution, I copied it with the help of
my local machine shop.   It works very well.    It is obviously very simple.
Two bolts out; bolt it on and torque down the bolts then you're in business.

                There can be interference with high rise intake manifolds
and carbs.  There may be interference with your EFI set-up.

                 I have used it often over twelve years and it is now a one
man job, but it is always wise to have a helper , if available.

                                      Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles