[DeTomaso] 6349

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Sep 20 17:18:42 EDT 2017

All,

I went back and forth with the seller and explained the problem. He sanded the VIN and it's 7202, matching the other tags. He posted an updated pic.

Needs to change the item description though as it still says VIN is 87406349

Mike

Sent from my iPad

> On Sep 20, 2017, at 10:20, Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>   Upon closer inspection of photos; is it jut me or does the door tag and
>   windshield VIN clearly have 7202 whereas the pedal box looks to show
>   7212?
>
>   Julian
>     __________________________________________________________________

   is [1]87406349

   Mike
   Sent from my iPad

   On Sep 20, 2017, at 10:20, Julian Kift <[2]julian_kift at hotmail.com>

       [1][9]www.ebay.com/itm/172871646718
       Juergen
       Hello Juergen,
       The seller has shown the Block Plate as the VIN plate.  This car is
       definitely not 6349.
       But it has BLOCK number 6349.  Usually the block number lags the
   VIN
     by
       1000 or so (give or take about 200).
       So this car would be in the range around 7200 (VIN).
       This is one of the more common VIN errors people make.
       Often I will add a car advert like this to the registry, as an
     "Unknown
       VIN", recording the
       Block number... with the hopes of matching it later to its true
   VIN.
       So I searched for
       cars with a motor number of 6349 and did not find this car.
       From the Registry:
       VIN 7171 has block 6314
       VIN 6815 has block 6364
       Chuck
       (PS Thanks for sharing!)
     References
       1. [1][10]http://www.ebay.com/itm/172871646718
     [11]www.ebay.com
     1974 Pantera. Excellent condition. 351- 5 speed transmission.
   Original
     motor. | eBay!
     [[4][12]http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/172871646718-0-1/s-l1000.jpg]<h
   ttp://