[DeTomaso] 6349

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Sep 20 13:26:31 EDT 2017

Julian,

You are exactly right. This isn't the first example of a car whose various VIN stampings didn't match perfectly. I even briefly owned a Pantera where the stamping in the trunk and the tag on the dash had one different character.

The only 'real' VIN is the one stamped on the body. One has to hope that the DMV folks weren't lazy when the car was first registered. If the title doesn't match the body stamping it will be a mess to straighten out.

Mike

Sent from my iPad