[DeTomaso] Mad Dawg SITREP

ehpantera ehpantera at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 14 20:33:56 EDT 2017

Dan,Panetta could not make it because of head gasket leak. This has been an issue for a bit. The car runs great otherwise. Mark

-------- Original message --------From: Daniel C Jones <daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com> Date: 9/14/17  11:22 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: detomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> Cc: tpr at teampanteraracing.com Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Mad Dawg SITREP
I went to the Team Pantera Racing blog and it mentioned Mark Swarek had his
engine out because he needed more horsepower.  Any idea what Mark did to
the engine?  I thought he was just changing gears in the ZF for better top
speed.  Previously, it made 623 HP at 6800 to 6900 RPM through my Pantera
shorty headers and 2 1/2" diameter mufflers.  With stock gearing and his
rev limiter at 7200 RPM, he should have enough engine to pull to 185 MPH or
so.  The Silver State race is at 6500 feet altitude which does drop the
power considerably but it also drops the aerodynamic drag.

Dan Jones