[DeTomaso] Adjusting front hood latch

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon Sep 11 17:17:27 EDT 2017

The front fork is not a fork, it's a mechanism to help the hood "lift" a little bit by pushing the pin up.  Tha back fork is the one doing the latching and it appears to be in the proper position to accept the pin.

You can actuate the latch without closing the hood.  Use a screwdriver in place of the pin.  Press the shaft of a screwdriver into the latch where the pin would be to see the operation.

Now, with that said, something does look goofy. It looks like the attachment on the drivers side is tweaked, or its an optical illusion.

Asa

⁣Asa  Jay  Laughton, W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, retired
Sent using Jedi Mind Tricks​