[DeTomaso] Adjusting front hood latch

Jim Kosloskey jim.kosloskey at jim-kosloskey.com
Mon Sep 11 16:13:38 EDT 2017

All,

The front hood latch is not latching.

Almost looks like the latching mechanism needs adjusting but I do not know
how to adjust.

It appears the pin on the hood is actually catching the upper 'tine' of the
front 'fork' of the latch. Either that or the back 'fork' is not opening up
enough to allow the pin to slip behind it. Any way that is my take.

I have attached a picture of the latch in the open position. It just does
not seem right.

Was working fine last time I opened the front hood about a month ago.

Are there directions for adjusting this latching mechanism somewhere?

Thanks,

Jim Kosloskey

1974 Pantera L Yellow #6949