[DeTomaso] De Tomaso mock ups sell for realistic prices

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Sep 7 08:22:43 EDT 2017

Guys,

A few days ago we were speaking of the De Tomaso mock-up bodies that were coming up for auction in Sotheby's in England. I reported that I believed they had simply been snatched from the De Tomaso facility after having been abandoned by De Tomaso, then tarted up and marketed by a hopeful punter who was seeking something on the order of 100k Euros for the Nuevo Pantera.

After years of trying and failing to find a buyer, he put them up for auction. The Guara was just a bare body with no chassis or wheels.  It was estimated at $40-51k but sold for only $4,536. The Nuevo Pantera was estimated at $90-116k but sold for only $20,737.

Both represent very realistic selling prices in my view.....

Mike

Sent from my iPad