[DeTomaso] window motor replacement suggestions

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Sep 5 20:50:06 EDT 2017

All,

Here is an article describing repairing the Bosch switches:

http://www.panteraplace.com/page43.htm

I had never heard of these things failing?  Btw they are more like $40 now, and are about the same price from Pantera and non-Pantera vendors.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

   [1]http://www.panteraplace.com/page43.htm

   I had never heard of these things failing?  Btw they are more like $40
   now, and are about the same price from Pantera and non-Pantera
   vendors.

   Mike
   Sent from my iPhone

   How can you tell if a switch is a Bosch ?........... I have a box full
   of failed switches......

   Bud #3400 ( Drive it like there is no tomorrow -- for there may not be
   ! )

   The ammeter tells all. If you have an intermittent switch failure, it
   won't deflect when the switch fails to make contact, and will deflect
   when it does.
   If the ammeter deflects in time with your switch jiggling, it's a
   mechanical (gear) issue. If the ammeter only moves sometimes when
   actuating the switch, it's a switch issue.
   Bosch switches never fail, stock switches all fail eventually. New
   'stock' switches have been known to fail right out of the box, and
   those that don't have been known to fail when only a year or two old.
   Mike
   Sent from my iPad
   > On Sep 5, 2017, at 15:33, Mark Peterson <[6]petersonmr06 at yahoo.com>
   wrote:

   > et al
   >
   > Same church different pew. The passenger window will gown but fails
   to go up. After playing with the switch I can eventually get it back.
   Switch, wiring or motor? Thanks Mark 1789
   > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

   use the links above.

   use the links above.