[DeTomaso] window motor replacement suggestions

Richard Greenblum richard at richardgreenblum.com
Tue Sep 5 14:27:17 EDT 2017

Charles,

Actually, mine did that and the cause was a broken gear.  Eventually, it
failed altogether.  As you know, the center of the plastic gear is a metal
slotted piece that attaches to the motor’s shaft.  With mine, the plastic
started cracking under pressure from the metal center and rotated and jammed
into the plastic.  The result was that my window would start up until it met
resistance from the whiskers or alignment and the metal kept turning but the
gear didn’t. The plastic finally cracked so much that it locked up after the
pieces were pushed against the housing.

Richard
Austin, TX