[DeTomaso] Run position of ignition switch kaputt?

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon Sep 4 18:27:07 EDT 2017

   Firewall starter solenoid?
   Asa
Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
Spokane County ARES/RACES Net Manager
******************************
[1]http://w7tsc.org
[2]http://www.teampanteraracing.com

   On 9/4/2017 2:29 PM, Pantdino via DeTomaso wrote:

   My car had no symptoms of this previously, but today when I went to
   start it it would only run as long as the key was in the "engage
   starter motor" position. As soon as I released the key back to the Run
   position it would stop

   After several episodes of that, it did start and I backed it out of the
   garage, but then it died and refused to start again.
   There is no power to the gauges or warning lights in the Run position.
   I had similar symptoms with my Alfa once, and it was a bad ignition
   switch.
   Anything else it could be?  I am not very good with wiring diagrams, so
   I thought I'd turn to everyone's extensive knowledge before struggling
   with it.
   Thanks,
   Jim

nks above.

Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message p
osted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant
the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of lis
t messages.