[DeTomaso] The Only De Tomaso Nuova Pantera Prototype Ever Made Is Going to Auction

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Sep 1 21:45:55 EDT 2017

Yes, the owner of this thing has been trying to sell it to well-heeled De Tomaso collectors for a couple of years now. He also has a Guara pushmobile body.

I wonder if how he came to possess them? When De Tomaso collapsed and their facility, it was just like the fall of Saigon--just madness. There is an article in a recent OCTANE magazine showing the abandoned factory with loads of factory records and paperwork scattered on the floor, along with several prototype bodies, including this one I think.

I wonder if some enterprising guy just wandered in there and helped himself? Or is this some other example?  Somehow I doubt they made more than one of these...???

Here is an article discussing it, with photos of the mold and what I suspect is this body....

http://mycarquest.com/2017/05/sad-last-days-de-tomaso.html

Mike

Sent from my iPad