[DeTomaso] dead car

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 18:59:11 EDT 2017

I would inspect the belt for sure.  Sometimes they slip without
squealing and... well mine showed my harmonic balancer was falling off
so there was that :)  There are 4 or 5 places that connectivity could
be dirty or lose too, but most of them have positive fastening nuts.
The exception is the voltage regulator and you should test the
connector to be sure they have not work hardened and cracked.  I
accidentally found that problem once on my '69 Mustang GT when $$$ was
scarce and I couldn't believe my brand new voltage regulator failed so
I put the old one in to see if it would work "better".  To my
surprise, it did, but not for long as the connector had soured in a
couple of blades.  After putting on new lugs both the new one and the
old one worked great... I probably still have the old one in my garage
somewhere...

sean

--
'65 Suprang,'68 Cougar,'78 R100/7,'60 Metro,'59 A35,'71 Pantera #1382