[DeTomaso] dead car

Tom Cabanski tcabanski at tencom.com
Mon Oct 30 16:17:23 EDT 2017

Had a problem where after driving a awhile and parking I would have to jump the car as it would be completely dead.
Since the battery was over 6 years old and measuring the car at idle in my garage should it was putting out over 14 volts that I thought it was the battery and put a new one in.
It seem to solve the problem till recently.
Went for a long drive with my grandson. Noticed after a while on the drive that my normally bouncing amp gauge was dead still.
Pulled into one of his friend's house to show off the car. When we go to leave it was dead again.
A jump and it started back up and running fine with the gauge showing it was its normal self.
Has run ok the last two times.
Could I have problems with the belt slipping or a voltage regulator issue?
Tom