[DeTomaso] Your opinion is requested... and still looking for stock early 72 seats

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Mon Oct 23 17:14:05 EDT 2017

Trunk tray?  What is a trunk tray? ; ]
 Sent using Hushmail
On October 21, 2017 at 7:03 PM, "Dave Hofman"  wrote:My 72 Pre-L
fiberglass trunk tray needs to be redone. I have removed the
carpet/felt and it is all clean with no more residue. My rear
compartment
has the stock textured undercoating. I was thinking of either redoing
the
carpet/felt that I removed since it was in terrible shape -OR- I was
thinking it would blend better and look cooler if I painted it with
black
rubberized undercoating. Is this a crazy idea or a good one. Has
anyone ever
tried it? I am really leaning on doing it but wanted to get wisdom
from the
group. I am NOT planning on smoothing off the texture and make it
mirror-like. It looks awesome that way, but it is not worth the time
and
expense personally to me, so keep your response with the stock
textured
surface staying as it is beneath the trunk tray.
I appreciate your input.
I am also still looking for a set on early 72 seats. I can't sell my
Hall
Pantera Scheel  seats until I get stock seats. The Scheel seats are
nice but
being 6'-3" I need lower seats just to fit. I am not dropping the
floors.