[DeTomaso] Your opinion is requested... and still looking for stock early 72 seats

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 22 10:42:15 EDT 2017

I would think covering the bottom of the trunk to be an increased fire risk, in my tub the edges at the top of the fenders are the only places it contacts the body, so wrapping the felt over onto the underside edge would work well. FWIW I do not have any of the Dzus fasteners on the tub or fenders, it just sits there comfortably.

As to textured versus felt lining, what do you use your tub for? When I pack mine for a long journey as bags don't fit particularly well I usually end up packing a lot of stuff straight into the tub and getting a lot more in, felt in that case is much more appealing to me.

Keep an eye on eBay for seats, they are selling for ~$1500 a pair now (I gave mine away some years ago), but you can get lucky and I see a set just sold for a bargain $260! Consider finding a rough set for the frames as foam and quality reproduction covers are readily available.

Julian