[DeTomaso] CD Players- What works in a Pantera?

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 10:22:26 EDT 2017

Having done some good road trips in the pasts back and forth to Fun Rallys,
music is a good way to pass the time. So I bought the cheapest radio I
could find with a USB connection. Carrying around one small thumb drive is
a whole lot easier, not to mention safer, than a case full of CDs. Or move
up to the 21st century and get one with Bluetooth or even Sirius satellite
radio.

My biggest issue is speakers that are good enough to overcome the engine
sounds.

Jeff
6559

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Dennis Valdez via DeTomaso <

-------------- next part --------------
   Having done some good road trips in the pasts back and forth to Fun
   Rallys, music is a good way to pass the time. So I bought the cheapest
   radio I could find with a USB connection. Carrying around one small
   thumb drive is a whole lot easier, not to mention safer, than a case
   full of CDs. Or move up to the 21st century and get one with Bluetooth
   or even Sirius satellite radio.
   My biggest issue is speakers that are good enough to overcome the
   engine sounds.
   Jeff
   6559
   On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Dennis Valdez via DeTomaso

     A  A Steve, my car has the radio delete plate. We use this bose WiFi
     speaker
     A  A in the car and it sounds pretty good.
     A  A [1][2]https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/portable_
     speakers/sound
     A  A link_mini_ii.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campai
     gn=PLA%20Gen
     A  A eric_SoundLink%20Mini&utm_term=4585100927150279&utm_content
     =SC_SoundLin
     A  A k%20Mini%20Ad%20Group#v=soundlink_mini_ii_carbon
     A  A Dennis Valdez
     A  A On Oct 19, 2017, at 1:08 PM, Steve Liebenow

   A  A <[2][3]steven.liebenow at att.net> wrote:
   A  A  A Greetings!A  A Need some help with radio selection......
   A  A  A Our 74 recently came to us without a radio of any sort.A  Just
   a big
   A  A  A ugly football shaped hole....for a two post radio.A  In my
   collection
   A  A of
   A  A  A parts, I have "spare" Pioneer single CD capable models
   (removable
   A  A face
   A  A  A plate) that proclaim in the instructions not to mount them
   above
   A  A about
   A  A  A a 45 degree angle!
   A  A  A I have not yet tested this...need to find old Celine Dion CD
   A  A first.....
   A  A  A I know that there are Bluetooth devices, plug-in storage
   devices,
   A  A  A wireless radio, etc that "can make my life easier"A  (tell that
   to IOS
   A  A  A 11 updaters!!!).......but I'm not all that yet.A  I pay enuf
   for
   A  A phones,
   A  A  A internet, TV....that I really don't need or desire another
   multiple
   A  A  A hundreds of dollars investment just to get tunes.A  I can buy
   new AC
   A  A  A hoses.....with that money!!!!A  A Then I can be "cool" and
   listen to
   A  A "my
   A  A  A music"....
   A  A  A SO, I throw out to you two questions....."what CD player works
   in
   A  A your
   A  A  A Pantera while mounted sideways and at a 30-45 degree angle
   A  A  A upwards????A  A (I will be looking to modify my dash opening to
   accept
   A  A a
   A  A  A standard DIN unit.)A  A I'm not really interested in a multiple
   CD
   A  A player
   A  A  A remotely mounted either....... BTDT.
   A  A  A AND, if you have a Pioneer, does it work for CD's and if so,
   what
   A  A  A model?
   A  A  A So far I have heard of one Kenwood model that the owner reports
   works
   A  A  A just fine.
   A  A  A What say you??
   A  A  A Thanks in advance!
   A  A  A Steve

     A  A _______________________________________________
     A  A Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA
     A  A Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
     A  A DeTomaso mailing list
     A  A [3][4]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
     A  A To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
     etc.)
     A  A use the links above.
     A  A Members who post to this list grant license to the list to
     forward any
     A  A message posted here to all past, current, or future members of
     the
     A  A list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an
     archive
     A  A or approve the archiving of list messages.
     References
     A  A 1. [6]https://www.bose.com/en_us/pro
     A  A 2. mailto:[7]steven.liebenow at att.net
     A  A 3. mailto:[8]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
     etc.) use the links above.

   1. mailto:detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
   2. https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/portable_speakers/sound
   3. mailto:steven.liebenow at att.net
   4. mailto:DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
   6. https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/portable_speakers/soundlink_mini_ii.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA%20Generic_SoundLink%20Mini&utm_term=4585100927150279&utm_content=SC_SoundLink%20Mini%20Ad%20Group#v=soundlink_mini_ii_carbon
   7. mailto:steven.liebenow at att.net
   8. mailto:DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
  10. mailto:DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com