[DeTomaso] CD Players- What works in a Pantera?

Steve Liebenow steven.liebenow at att.net
Thu Oct 19 14:08:09 EDT 2017

Greetings!   Need some help with radio selection......

Our 74 recently came to us without a radio of any sort.  Just a big ugly football shaped hole....for a two post radio.  In my collection of parts, I have "spare" Pioneer single CD capable models (removable face plate) that proclaim in the instructions not to mount them above about a 45 degree angle!
I have not yet tested this...need to find old Celine Dion CD first.....
I know that there are Bluetooth devices, plug-in storage devices, wireless radio, etc that "can make my life easier"  (tell that to IOS 11 updaters!!!).......but I'm not all that yet.  I pay enuf for phones, internet, TV....that I really don't need or desire another multiple hundreds of dollars investment just to get tunes.  I can buy new AC hoses.....with that money!!!!   Then I can be "cool" and listen to "my music"....
SO, I throw out to you two questions....."what CD player works in your Pantera while mounted sideways and at a 30-45 degree angle upwards????   (I will be looking to modify my dash opening to accept a standard DIN unit.)   I'm not really interested in a multiple CD player remotely mounted either....... BTDT.

AND, if you have a Pioneer, does it work for CD's and if so, what model?

So far I have heard of one Kenwood model that the owner reports works just fine.
What say you??
Thanks in advance!
Steve