[DeTomaso] Pantera ignition miss diagnosis

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Oct 19 13:23:07 EDT 2017

Guys,

These are $150 Crane plug wires (that somebody gave me, new in the box, after he sold his Pantera and then found them left over afterwards).

I had previously had a spark leak between the coil wire and a rubber heater hose (?) which was also surprising. The spark leaps right through the rubber connector. Electrical tape doesn't phase it either--it goes right through.

My fix-it plan is to put a thick layer of rubber insulation material on the bottom of the air cleaner. It's possible energy is being conducted between the other wire that is hard up against the base of the air cleaner, but because there is no air gap it might not be visible....

Mike

Sent from my iPad