[DeTomaso] How much has EFI advanced over the past few years?

JFFR pantera at vtc.net
Wed Oct 18 20:32:11 EDT 2017

The FAST XFI 2.0 port injected system that I am using has a wide band
oxygen sensor and two MAP sensors. One is used for real time barometric
pressure readings. There is also a low oil pressure shut off, which I
really like because I do track the car once in a while and like that
added safety feature. It can do data logging and the on dash display
tells you everything that is going on with the system. It has the
capability of storing and using four different tunes. All you need to do
is select the tune that you want before starting the engine. I haven't
actually tried the feature yet, but it might be something that I may do
in the future. My thought was to set up an economy driving program.

These aftermarket systems have come a long way in the last ten years,
but the factories are staying ahead of them with their direct injection
systems and cylinder deactivation. I will never go back with a
carburetor on my Pantera and actually like the challenge of learning
about fuel injection even at my age.