[DeTomaso] How much has EFI advanced over the past few years?

Scott Mead Photography scott at scottmeadphotography.com
Wed Oct 18 18:55:01 EDT 2017

This is a fantastic thread, gang! Like many of you, I've contemplated converting to EFI for years. I've battled the carb thing for the last 12-years, trying several Holley/Demon/QFT carbs. I was close to taking the plunge, until I met a guy who used to wrench for Gordie Johncock back in the day. Kyle said that if I left him the Pantera for a few hours, he'd go through it.

Long story made short - Kyle is a genius. He found sever things that other tuners had done 'wrong' and set everything straight. The Cleveland makes more power than it ever did before, and I went from 8mpg to nearly 13mpg. It was $250 well spent!!!

Will I ever go to EFI? Perhaps some day. But now, I'm enjoying my car more than ever before!

Mahalo,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone