[DeTomaso] How much has EFI advanced over the past few years?

JFFR pantera at vtc.net
Wed Oct 18 18:08:29 EDT 2017

I too wondered about the advantages and the cost of EFI vs a good old
Holley four barrel. I installed an oxygen sensor and fuel air ratio
monitor gauge in my Pantera and started tuning my carburetor using it.
The car ran great and I picked up about two miles per gallon. That
little trick got me comfortable with fuel injection and installed it on
the new engine in my Pantera. Just to keep the guess work out of trouble
shooting a problem with the system, I also installed FAST's on dash
monitor. It tells you everything that is going on with the system and
when there is a sensor error, it doesn't use crazy sounding codes that
you have to look up. It tells you which sensor has the problem in plane
English!