[DeTomaso] Speedometer Noise

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 14 16:42:07 EDT 2017

Don,

Usually it's the cable that has worn through the teflon lining and the inner cable is rubbing on the  outer sheath. The act of disconnecting it and relieving the bend where it normally wears might be solving the problem in itself.

Just some food for thought, but removal of the speedo and spinning it up on a drill would verify.

Julian

My speedometer is making a terrible racket.  I know it is the speedo,
becuase it quits when I disconnect the cable.  I tried spraying some dry
lube into it but it is still noisy.

Any suggestions?

Where can I send it for repair if it is not something I can do myself?

--
Don