[DeTomaso] Valve Cover Gasket ?

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Oct 11 12:05:29 EDT 2017

If I recall, the Northwest division of the Pantera Research institute used Fel-Pro FPG VS50068R gaskets readily available from Napa.   Https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/FPBVS50068R  These are black and more like a neoprene impregnated cork kind of thing.  They hold up better than cork.

To install, apply your favorite sealer on one side only and attach to the valve cover.  On the other side of the gasket, apply your average Vaseline product as the sealer and bolt down the cover, torque to spec.  It won't leak, honest.  Then the next time you need to take the valve cover off, it will come off easily.  Clean well, re-apply Vaseline and bolt back down.

Eventually the gasket will harden but it will take years of hot running.

Asa

⁣Asa  Jay  Laughton, W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, retired
Sent using Jedi Mind Tricks​

On Oct 11, 2017, 07:43, at 07:43, B Hower via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:
>What is the best reusable valve cover gasket for the Cleveland? Please
>give part # if known. Thanks for any help here. Bud #3400 ( Drive it
>like there is no tomorrow -- for there may not be ! )

>To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.)
>use the links above.

>message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the
>list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive
>or approve the archiving of list messages.
-------------- next part --------------
   If I recall, the Northwest division of the Pantera Research institute
   used Fel-Pro FPG VS50068R gaskets readily available from Napa.A A
   [1]Https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/FPBVS50068RA  These are black and
   more like a neoprene impregnated cork kind of thing.A  They hold up
   better than cork.

   To install, apply your favorite sealer on one side only and attach to
   the valve cover.A  On the other side of the gasket, apply your average
   Vaseline product as the sealer and bolt down the cover, torque to
   spec.A  It won't leak, honest.A  Then the next time you need to take
   the valve cover off, it will come off easily.A  Clean well, re-apply
   Vaseline and bolt back down.

   Eventually the gasket will harden but it will take years of hot
   running.

   Asa

   AsaA  JayA  Laughton, W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, retired

   Sent using Jedi Mind Tricks

   On Oct 11, 2017, at 07:43, B Hower via DeTomaso

What is the best reusable valve cover gasket for the Cleveland? Please give part
 # if known. Thanks for any help here. Bud #3400 ( Drive it like there is no tom
orrow -- for there may not be ! )
nks above.
Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message p