[DeTomaso] seeking 'special' turn signal stalk/switch

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Oct 9 22:00:07 EDT 2017

In a message dated 10/9/17 16 24 24, jim.kosloskey at jim-kosloskey.com
writes:

If 'flash to pass' is activated will the headlights be raised?

>>>I suppose it all depends on how it's wired.   It would be laughable to
wire the switch the way you would for a car with fixed headlights.   The
whole point is to instantly flash the lights at the slowpoke in front of you to
either get him to move out of the way, or indicate that you are about to
pass him.   If you rigged that up with the Pantera headlights, it would take
ages to raise the buckets and flash the lights.

The later Panteras *may* have had the later 'flash to pass' switch hooked
up to the fog lights (GT5 and GT5-S).   I'm sure an owner of one of those
cars could confirm/deny.

>If so is there one where there is no 'flash to pass'?

>>>That is the conventional switch that all our 1971-74 cars came with.
Sourced from the 1971-73 Mercury Capri.

>How much and how do I order?

>>>Does your car not have a turn signal switch?   If not, then yes you need
to buy one.   But if you already have a turn signal switch that otherwise
is functional, except that it won't remain locked in the up or down position
when the turn signal function is actuated, that is easily repaired.

Not by you, but by SOBill Taylor, who just today was the recipient of so
much well-deserved love.   You just unplug and remove your switch and pop it
in the mail to him, and for a few bucks he fixes it and returns it to you.

If you actually need a whole new switch, new 'offshore' copies are
available from the Pantera vendors for $250.

I have several original 1971-74 switches, rebuilt by SOBill, available for
purchase for $175.

Cheers!

   In a message dated 10/9/17 16 24 24, jim.kosloskey at jim-kosloskey.com