[DeTomaso] poo and Flaming River u-joints

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Fri Oct 6 14:11:55 EDT 2017

Dear Ken and Steve,

              I, too, replaced the shifter rod links with the Flaming
River shiny and smoothly articulating u-joints.   I replaced all of the
stock shifter u-joints from front to back.   I expected a significant
change after observing how stiff the stocks units moved (or failed to
move) when removed from the shifter rod linkage.

              I found no improvement.   Driving my two Panteras, I still
cannot detect any improvement with the much nicer Flaming River u-joints
compared to the Pantera with the stock shifter linkage.

             My consumer report for the day.

                             Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles