[DeTomaso] Looking for stock 72 Seats or suggestions for new racing style seats.

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Oct 6 13:21:05 EDT 2017

Dave,

For your purposes you should be looking for 1971-style seats, which have longitudinal ribbing rather than the basket weave pattern of the two later-style seats. The early seats had substantially less padding, and if you take the spacers out from beneath the seat tracks, you will find yourself practically sitting on the carpet, which might not be the most comfortable solution but it definitely maximizes headroom.  The changeover from the first to second style happened near your serial number so it's possible that's what it came with originally.

Alternately, you could take your existing seats to an upholstery shop and have them re-re-done?

I would think you would at least have have the early style two-piece seat frames which lend themselves better to this sort of customization....

Mike

Sent from my iPad