[DeTomaso] Kurt Busch Pantera-- wow!

Himes, Terry (397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Nov 29 14:02:50 EST 2017

Ouuuch!!  Awww Man!  ;-(

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Dawn Spacecraft Team
Rosetta Sequence Team Lead
Phone: (818) 393-6261
Cell:     (818) 653-8213
thimes at jpl.nasa.gov
🇺🇸

On 11/29/17, 11:01 AM, "DeTomaso on behalf of The DeTomaso Registry Guy" <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of detomasoregistry at gmail.com> wrote:

    On the Registry cover page today is the Pantera Kurt Busch
    >should< have stared with as a base for their project:

    http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/ProvaMoMemMain.asp

    Did anyone determine the VIN of the Busch car ?  It would be nice to see
    what they stared with.  Did it recently (last 2 years) sell at auction ?

    Chuck

    Not a big fan of just because he paid for it it is just fine to ruin an
    almost perfect example of a limited piece of art. Are you ok with some
    one buying a Van Gogh and painting dogs playing poker over the panting ?
    Couldn't care less about the devaluation or increased value of his car
    or the markee. To me it is a complete waste of destroying something that
    can never be recreated to make something else out of it rather than
    having the creatively and passion to creating something new.

    /The Kurt Bush Pantera isn't the first Pantera that was turned into a
    race car. I agree that taking a nice car and doing that to it doesn't
    make sense, but it was still his car and his money. If the car had been
    a junker, then I think there would be less concern about what he did. A
    Pantera certainly isn't a Van Gogh and through the years many cars have
    been upgraded and modified. Certainly not to the degree that the Bush
    car was, but changed never the less. I for one drive my Pantera quite a
    bit and have for the last 40 years. Some of the things that I don't want
    to go back to is standing on my head to change ignition points, an
    electrical system that never really worked right, a totally gut less
    engine and gauges that were only a guideline of what was actually going
    on. Then there were the original Ariva tires that the car came with.
    That was a driving experience that I never want to visit again! The list
    actually is longer, but the long term Pantera owner's basically know
    what the issues are. The bottom line is that people change these cars
    for better or for worse. Certainly the totally original cars are
    appreciated perhaps more than ever before, but who and where do we say
    what modifications are acceptable and what ones are not?/