[DeTomaso] Seat Belt Anchor Location

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Nov 28 23:38:22 EST 2017

Bill,

The stock seat belt mounts use captive nuts welded to the underside of the floor. Actually I believe they are welded to heavy duty reinforcements that are welded to the floor. I don’t think it would be safe to just punch a hole in the new floor pan and bolt them there. At a minimum you would want a fender washer to spread the load, but I would probably affix a small plate made of either very thick sheetmetal or preferably thin plate steel to the underside of the floor pan, then drill through both and bolt the belt in place.

Mike

Sent from my iPad