[DeTomaso] 2018 Hong Kong Pantera

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Nov 28 18:50:26 EST 2017

Dan,

Superformance doesn't build anything themselves. They are the US distributors for cars built by these people:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Tech_Automotive

This company builds cars for many companies, including Noble.

Supposedly the new Pantera will be built by them also.

Wilkinson gave me an update on the project a few weeks ago. Due to California and federal government bureaucracy, the timeline had to be shifted to the right by a year. Basically, the legislature passed a law allowing for a new class of low-production cars, somewhere between a traditional production car and a kit car. The problem is that now the bureaucrats need to write the rules to implement the law. At the SEMA show a bunch of government reps met with reps from about 20-30 new companies that have sprung up to take advantage of the law, and told them to cool their jets. They said they would get around to writing the regulations sometime after next summer!

Kim had already bought 25 new 2017 Coyote engines from Ford but Ford is changing the engine for the 2018 model year and the regs won't allow 2017 engines in 2018 cars. So he had to arrange to return the engines and get a promise for 2018 engines when they are released.

Personally I am not at all optimistic about this venture, but if it was to be successful, it would mean you could buy a car in 2019....

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

   [1]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Tech_Automotive

       <[2][4]daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com> wrote:

     Larry,

     Is Superformance involved in building the bodies in South Africa?

     Thanks,

     Dan

     use the links above.
   any