[DeTomaso] determine if JFFR scoops are effective

Joseph F. Byrd, Jr. byrdjf at embarqmail.com
Wed Nov 22 08:00:53 EST 2017

>From the K Busch discussion, a side discussion was the JFFR scoops.

What would be the measurements needed to determine if those scoops are effective.

One of my thoughts would be to use a manometer (digital) insert the sensing side tubing into the scoop until it is at the air filter.  The location of the reference tubing then becomes a concern.  I have two thoughts.
First is to reference the space where a normal air filter would be getting its air.  Given the pressure at the rear window, it would be a measurement of actual benefit,
the second thought is to use a pitot in "clean air" and use the static port.  This would be more indicative of the benefit as if on a stationary dyno

ANY thoughts?