[DeTomaso] Kurt Busch Pantera

bill at incendium.com bill at incendium.com
Mon Nov 20 12:06:27 EST 2017

Let's do it Jim..

CheersBill MooreCalgary 403-860-4300
-------- Original message --------From: JFFR <pantera at vtc.net> Date: 2017-11-19  5:49 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: detomaso at server.detomasolist.com Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Kurt Busch Pantera
The side scoops that I am using are 1.5 inches at the widest point and
are feeding four inch hoses into the sealed air box. My fuel injection
system can flow about 1100 cfm at full throttle. I don't know how to do
the calculations, but I am sure that the scoops will supply more air
than the engine can use. My engine is 388 cubic inches and and produces
full power at about 6300 rpm. The rev limiter is set at 6550 rpm and in
first gear I need to up shift into second gear pretty quickly to keep
from hitting the rev limiter. I have only had the car up to about 140
mph, but it has never run out of power and was still pulling hard at
that speed. Public roads can limit how fast you can push a car and
safety is always my concern.

I just talked to the owner of the Inde Motorsports Ranch in Willcox
Arizona today. If any members of the club want to come here, we can use
the track to test this air box set up on my car. The straight is 2200
feet long and I can usually get my Pantera up to 120 mph before having
to brake for a sweeping right hand turn. The track use is free because I
work there and it is certainly nice to be able to do this without having
to worry about breaking any laws or endangering the public!

   Let's do it Jim..

   Cheers

   Bill Moore

   Calgary