[DeTomaso] Kurt Busch Pantera

JFFR pantera at vtc.net
Sun Nov 19 07:35:02 EST 2017

I am using small scoops that replace the rear side windows. As I have
stated before, they connected to four inch hoses that are feeding a
sealed air box. The only air that can get into the engine is though the
scoops on the side of the car. You can't get air into the engine on a
Pantera from the side because there is a greater surface area under the
car than the surface area of the side scoops. The sealed engine air
box/air cleaner assembly eliminates that air pressure problem. There is
certainly some strange air flows on the side of a Pantera at speeds in
excess of 100 mph, but with the sealed air box, air has to get into the
engine from the outside. If this boundary air layer was such a problem,
then at 100 mph plus speeds you should be able to put your window down
and not feel much air coming into the car. I know that is not the case.