[DeTomaso] Kurt Busch Pantera

JFFR pantera at vtc.net
Sat Nov 18 21:56:31 EST 2017

My car has small side scoops that replaced the side windows. They really
don't stick out much at all, but they have four inch hoses that feed air
into a sealed air box. The only way that the engine can get air into it
is through the side scoops. There have been a number of people that have
seen this set up on my car at the last four Pantera fun rallies. I have
engine inlet air temperature readings in real time that tell me what the
air temperature is with the scoops attached and with them unattached. My
tests showed that the air is 40 degrees hotter with the hoses
unattached. With fuel injection and an on dash monitor it is very easy
to test this. The car will be at the next fun rally wherever it will be
and we can do some testing there.