[DeTomaso] Kurt Busch Pantera

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Nov 18 20:55:15 EST 2017

   What specific "scoop" are you talking about?  Is this something special
   you've rigged up?  Is it over the roof, or is it the ears on the rear
   windows, or something else.  Because the point I'm trying to make is
   that at higher speeds, those scoops don't do much good.  The
   presumption is they intake more and more air, but from testing by
   others (and this is why I'll admit I could be wrong, I'm only going
   from memory here), at higher speeds, the airflow at those locations
   become more stagnant due to how the air tries to go around the car.
   This is why, for example, Dennis Antenucci had to replace his original
   side scoops with a pair that stuck farther out into the airstream when
   running 160 MPH.  Th shorter side scoops (ears) didn't work as well at
   the higher speeds because the airflow changes around the car.
   Maybe I'm wrong.
   Asa  Jay
Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
Spokane County ARES-RACES Net Manager
[1]http://w7tsc.org
[2]http://www.teampanteraracing.com