[DeTomaso] Replacing Rear Brake Pads - what am I missing

Mike & Elizabeth Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sat Nov 18 16:33:33 EST 2017

Tring to install the new rear brake pads (been 10 years since I've done
this).  I used a C-clamp to move the sliding cylinder back as far as it will
go.  Now I'm trying to compress the piston, but it won't move.  I have the
cover off of the master cylinder to allow fluid to flow back.  I've tried
using a large pair of channel lock pliars and the C-clamp to get the piston
to compress.  Is there something else I need to release or is the cylinder
just stuck?  Brakes were working OK at the end of the season.

Thanks in advance

Mike Thomas

Pres., Panteras Northwest

206-795-3302