[DeTomaso] Kurt Busch Pantera

JFFR pantera at vtc.net
Sat Nov 18 07:13:35 EST 2017

I have tested the side air flow on my Pantera and as long as you are
using a sealed air box, you don't need huge scoops to get air into the
engine. With my engine off and coasting at 20 mph, a simple piece of
yarn blows into the scoops. With the air box hoses disconnected from the
side scoops the engine inlet air temperature is 40 degrees warmer than
with them attached. I know this temperature differential is correct
because I am using a FAST XFI 2.0 fuel injection system with an on dash
monitor. I also have a stand alone outside ambient air temperature gauge
in the car. There is nothing like having lots of data to figure
something out.