[DeTomaso] Kurt Busch Pantera

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Nov 18 01:37:56 EST 2017

Looks nice, but I have one concern.  It's been my understanding that the
laminar flow of air along the sides of the Pantera require enormous
"elephant ear" style scoops in the rear quarter window area to catch it
because it's so far off the car.  The small scoops don't pick up the air
at higher speeds.

So.... the simple rectangular openings in the sail panels of the rear
deck lid would seem to me, to be -wrong-.  I would pose the problem is
going to be stagnant air, or even negative pressure nearly equaling the
that of the air pump that is the engine.  I'm not an engineer (I only
play one on TV) but it seems if they really wanted air, they'd need to
put some scoops on those intakes so they can actually catch the air
going where it is.

What to the experts think?  I'm curious to understand it better.

Asa  Jay

Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
Spokane County ARES-RACES Net Manager
http://w7tsc.org
http://www.teampanteraracing.com