[DeTomaso] NPC Auto transport companies

Mike Scardina a42n8cfo at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 12 14:31:32 EST 2017

On Friday, I bought a 1964 Volvo PV544 B18 Sport on bringatrailer.com. The car is located in Colts Neck, NJ and I need to find someone with preferably an enclosed carrier to bring it to my home in Oak Brook, IL. Over the weekend I got two quotes from big name companies.  Horseless Carriage quoted $1,250 over the phone and Dependable quoted $1,750 via email.  Horseless Carriage has a big operation in NJ which might account for the difference.  However, I seem to recall some stories about bad experiences with them and whenever I've seen Dependable trucks I am amazed at the high quality equipment they seem to always use.  Nonetheless, the amount of data I'm basing my impression on is very small.  Do any of you have recommendations for carriers to get this car from NJ to IL? Thanks for your thoughts.