[DeTomaso] what are people using for the electrical part of the ignition switch?

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Fri Nov 10 16:24:47 EST 2017

Hi, all,

So my ignition switch failed and I thought cleaning it up fixed it, but it then failed again

I haven't taken it apart again yet, but am not comfortable reinstalling a switch that leaves the car dead

Symptoms are: starter motor turns over and emergency flashers work, but NOTHING else works-- totally dead electrical system in the RUN position

Larry Stock says these switches are No Longer Available and are ridiculously expensive even rebuilt.

Anyone tried fitting a switch from another car?

Anyone know of a specialized person or company who can reliably repair these?

Jim