[DeTomaso] Finding a rainwater leak.

Larry - Ohio Time Larry at OhioTimeCorp.com
Wed May 31 09:43:39 EDT 2017

Dave this is what I have been doing for years.

Use your CLEAN shop vacuum by attaching the hose to the blow side (once I
had a date...ooppss) and placing the hose into a lowered window. You need to
seal the rest of the window with card board and Duck - Tape (Cleveland
Company).

Next mix up some soapy water in a spray bottle.

Turn on the vacuum to pressurize the car interior and spray around the
outside with the soapy water till you see bubbles. You will be very
surprised of all the leaks.

Larry (how dry I am) - Cleveland

-----Original Message-----
From: DeTomaso [mailto:detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com] On Behalf
Of Dave Londry
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:53 PM
To: detomasolist
Subject: [DeTomaso] Finding a rainwater leak.

#2 son's 370ZX has the wet carpets. (sitting out and not having been driven)

I saw big Ed on Wheeler Dealers use a smoke machine to find the same
kind of leak in a DB7.
Ed just set it in the car, turned it on and waited for smoke to drift
out, but no details on the smoke machine.

Could he just use a theater machine without hazard or risk of trashing
his interior?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Dave

--