[DeTomaso] oiling main mods

jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Tue May 30 21:46:23 EDT 2017

I respect the opinion of those preceding me and still offer another.

I use it and am an advocate.  We ran pressure measurements probably 15 years ago and convinced ourselves it was a good idea.  I can't recall the details of the exercise. The idea was controversial back then as well and we convinced ourselves that there was merit.  Intuitively, it also makes sense.

I added the feature to my last engine build that is waiting for insertion into a recent restoration underway.

To flow more oil, you can drill the existing oil passage which is located in the block accessible where the oil pressure sender was located, a bit larger.

JT