[DeTomaso] Techno question: stock wheel studs

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Mon May 29 22:58:43 EDT 2017

Hi Chuck,

The studs can be replaced easily enough.  Some of mine pressed out
slightly when I replaced wheel bearings many years ago.

If I recall correctly, they have a shoulder, so the serrations are only
there to prevent them from spinning.

But it might not be the stud.  It might be the stub axle.

If you¹re just driving on the street, I wouldn¹t worry about it.

They only real danger is like Joe said, it might be challenging to remove
if it spins the next time you remove a wheel.  If you¹re worried about
that, I¹d replace the stub axle.

My forged axles have threaded holes for studs.  Me like.

Will.

On 5/29/17, 10:49 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Joseph F. Byrd, Jr."
<detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of