[DeTomaso] Techno question: stock wheel studs

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Mon May 29 22:31:50 EDT 2017

Dear Forum,

                       While mounting the rear wheels today, I noticed that
one wheel stud is loose and moves in and out about an eighth of an inch.  It
does not rotate.  The other four studs are tight.   The loose stud permitted
normal tightening and torqueing.

                        Dumb question: It shouldn't be loose.   Is it a big
problem or a small one that can wait for an opportune time for correction?

                        Second dumb question:  Even though I just finished
an engine build, I have never dealt with wheel studs.  Easy, medium or hard
task for an amateur?

                                         Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles