[DeTomaso] Car has been delivered

Jim Kosloskey jim.kosloskey at jim-kosloskey.com
Fri May 26 09:15:26 EDT 2017

Thank you.

I am on a diet so I fit better in the cockpit. 10-20 lbs. ought to do it.

My doctor wonders why it took me so long to become committed to losing the
weight. I suggested to her had she offered to pay for the restoration rather
than charging me it could have happened earlier. Somehow she did not see
that idea!?!?

I suspect you have the same challenge as I do in that the weather is a
factor in driving the vehicle.

We have at best a 4 month season but I hope to make the most of it.

I bought the car new in 1974. My father was an engineer at Ford. I got out
of the Air Force in 1969. Late that year while I was wandering around the
Ford Engineering and Design Center I saw this on the 'drawing boards' and
decided I wanted it if it was ever produced.

I started saving my money. By 1974 I had a fair amount but 1975 would have
been a better year. Then Ford announced '74 as the last year for
importation. So I financed the last bit (it was either this car or a house -
I did not need a house - I did 'need' this car).

I drove it in the nice months (non-winter) to work, softball games, etc. I
drove it to CA and back. I put about 30,000 miles on it.

Then in 1982 life happened and I garaged it. It sat in a garage until 2015
when I had it shipped to PI Motorsports for restoration.

I was going to restore it myself as a retirement project - but I realized I
would probably never retire and I wanted to drive it again.

And here we are. The weather has not been good since it came back. I am
hoping to get out next week.

Jim #6949